THE POWER IS ALWAYS ON
Utilities face a number of challenges, and Vignon is ready to help you meet them head on. New regulations, legacy infrastructure, aging workforce and more consumer-oriented services demands and billing functions are real issues that only become more urgent every year. Add to that the new requirements for the American Recovery and Reinvesment Act (i.e. the Stimulus Package) and many utilities find their management and IT departments overwhelmed.
Gartner noted in its February 2009 report on utilities, “The ongoing pursuit of operational excellence forces energy companies to focus on innovative technologies that ensure better use of assets and resources. This is happening during a time when the industry is being challenged by an aging workforce and aging physical assets. Consequently, the industry will require investment in new physical infrastructure, as well as investments directed toward IT-enabled innovation to improve business effectiveness.”
Sounds like a daunting challenge. But it doesn’t have to be. Our experience with utilities and enterprise systems has allowed us to build complete approaches to replatforming utilities—giving them a quick and cost-effective way to meet the new requirements. These include:
- Best-in-class business, management and technology processes to streamline efforts and compliance
- Responsive SAP and enterprise systems and custom systems specifically designed to deal with the processes and business issues related to utilities
- Systems that identify and gather the right data and information for your business and government reporting requirements
- The manpower to design, implement and maintain a new stable environment
- A platform upon which your company can transition to the new environment without disruption to your business, your customers and your communities
When you meet with Vignon, our consultants will provide you with a gap analysis and a complete plan to move forward—no matter your budget or staffing constraints. We’ll show you a complete scenario, including timeline, budget, transition plan, training component and future plan.
Our utility clients throughout the country have brought their legacy systems into the modern age, and now they’re ready for what comes next. You can be too.